ESPAÑOL      |      PORTUGUÊS      |      FRANÇAIS      |      DEUTSCH      |      我们说普通话      |      हिंदी      |      বাংলা

Call Our Office Today:

(561) 578-4977

Marriage Visas

If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of this country, marrying someone from another country can present immigration issues for you and your spouse. Working with an experienced and highly qualified West Palm Beach marriage visa lawyer can provide you with the support and legal help you need to work through any problems and to live together as a couple in the United States.

The Application Process

In most cases, the spouse located outside the U.S. must file Form I-130 to apply for a K-3 visa with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, also known as USCIS. In most cases, USCIS will then issue Form I-797 to approve the change in immigration status. Documentation may be required to establish identity and ensure the prompt issuance of a K-3 visa. Once the visa has been received, the spouse living outside the U.S. can legally enter the country and begin the process to become a lawful permanent resident or a naturalized citizen.

Children Can Be Included

The inclusive and welcoming attitude of the West Palm Beach area can make it an excellent place for couples to raise their children together. If the spouse entering the U.S. has minor children, they can be included in the initial I-130 application. Successful completion of this process will result in K-4 visas being awarded to the children at the same time that the K-3 visa is issued to the spouse living outside the country.

The best way to navigate the complexities of these immigration arrangements is to work with a knowledgeable West Palm Beach marriage visa lawyer. At Pozo Goldstein, our team includes a former judge and two former immigration prosecutors. We know the strategies that can help you achieve your goal of U.S. residency more quickly. Contact us today to discuss your case and to begin your journey to a new life together in the United States.