ESPAÑOL      |      PORTUGUÊS      |      FRANÇAIS      |      DEUTSCH      |      我们说普通话      |      हिंदी      |      বাংলা


Call Our Office Today: (561) 578-4977

Toll Free: 1-88-VISA-LAW-1

West Palm Beach Student Visa Attorney

Many international students wish to travel to the United States to achieve a higher education. Before beginning your studies, you need a student visa. For this reason, the West Palm Beach visa lawyers are here to help you begin your exciting career, starting with helping you achieve the opportunity to attend US universities.

If you are considering an education in the US, speak with one of
our student visa attorneys today!

How the Process will Work

There are a few steps to achieving a student visa. First and foremost, a Student and Exchange Visitor Program-certified school must accept you. Here are a couple of helpful points to think about when considering attending a US university:

  • For students taking 18 or more course-hours per week: You must obtain a student visa.
  • For students taking less than 18 course-hours per week and your studies are recreational: You might not be required to acquire a student visa. You might qualify for a visitor’s visa or a non-immigrant visa.
  • To attend a conference, seminar, or any other program of study that would count for academic credit in the United States: You will need a student visa.

Because there are different options to achieve an education in the US, it is important to speak with a legal professional to ensure you are choosing the appropriate path for your desired education.

How Early can a Student Visa be Issued?

Student visas can be issued 120 days or less before the school year or registration dates. However, it is advised that you apply for your student visa further in advance since your application will be held until your visa is issued. This is intended to give you extra time with processing. Once you have obtained your student visa, you can enter the United States within 30 days of your course study date. However, keep in mind that if you wish to enter the US earlier than the 30-day time frame, you must apply for a separate visitor visa.

If you are considering a student visa to pursue an education in the US, it is important to speak with an experienced Palm Beach student visa attorney as soon as possible. Our knowledgeable immigration lawyers will explain every detail of the process and make sure you are getting the help you need from start to finish. They can also help you achieve an additional visitor visa if needed.

To find out how we can help you obtain a student visa, contact a West Palm Beach student visa lawyer from Pozo Goldstein, LLP today!